RE: Grounding rebar

your correct.

From: Daryl Richardson [mailto:h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:17 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Grounding rebar

Bill,

        I think you meant to say "not required" rather than "now required" for existing systems.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson

"Scott, William N" wrote:

NEC 250(A)(3) Concrete-Encased Electrode requires grounding of reinforcing. on new construction.
NEC 250.50 has an exception for existing concrete-encased (reinforcing) electrodes. Grounding of existing reinforcing is now required if the reinforcing can only be exposed by disturbing the concrete.

Bill Scott, SE
Structural Engineer
North Slope Operations
ConocoPhillips Alaska, Inc.