RE: Job Opportunity - OT

Michel,

I believe that if your company has less than a certain amount of employees, I want to say that number is around ten or 12, then legally the employer does not have to pay a 1.5X overtime rate.  I am not sure what the number is, but I know that in Utah there is a number as there are a couple of other firms around here that are out size and talking to them they don’t pay the 1.5X overtime rate either.  Utah is different than other states though, all employees are considered “at will employees” and do not even need to be given a reason for their termination as in other states.  My brother in law is a lawyer and says that Utah does not have very good employee rights compared to other states.  So maybe this 1.5X overtime rate is different everywhere else besides here.

Jeff Hedman , E.I.T.

L.R. Pope Engineers & Surveyors, Inc.

1240 East 100 South Suite # 15B

St. George, Utah  84790