RE: Job Opportunity - OT

Title: Message

Who’s paying for all this time spent posting about all this time spent “working” ??

From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)umich.edu]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 10:40 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Job Opportunity - OT

But, to me, there is a difference between "focusing on the money" and wanting to be compensated fairly.  I am a firm believer in that my enjoyment of what I do is more important that how much I get paid.  I have learned that getting relatively huge amounts of money does not satisfy me nearly as much as making sure that I enjoy what I do and like who I work with and for.  Having said that, I am still believe that I should be compensated for the time that I work.  If I work 50 hours, then I should get paid for 50 hours...I should not get paid a 40 hour pay for a 50 hour work week.  There is a difference between compensation level (i.e. an effective hourly rate) and getting paid for the time that you work.  The former is largely dictated by market forces and such, while the later SHOULD be dictated by fairness (although it is dictated by market forces sometimes).

Regards,

Scott

Adrian, MI