From: Zaitz, Michael [mailto:mzaitz(--nospam--at)kerncoleman.com]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 12:51 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Stud Wind Load

Interested to hear how others design wood or lt ga wall studs for wind
(multi-family housing).  Do you typically use components and cladding or
MWFRS forces?  The commentary of ASCE 7-05 indicates that wall studs would
be designed with C&C forces but based on these loads (D+W load combination)
we are getting wall studs much heavier than what I have seen.

Thanks

Mike
This electronic message and any attachments are confidential property of
Kern-Coleman & Co. LLC. The information is intended only for the use of the
person to whom it is addressed. Any other interception, copying, accessing,
or disclosure of this message is prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify Kern-Coleman & Co. Do not
forward this message without permission.