From: Stuart, Matthew [mailto:mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:59 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: 2006 IBC Wind Load question

Scott,

I have found in my experience that local officials are more likely to
dictate snow loads that are higher than Code minimums as opposed to wind.

Even stranger than that, in NJ, the Dept. of Consumer Affairs (plan
reviewing agency for public facilities) has mandated the use of a
Progressive Collapse design criteria that has been rejected twice by the
ICC.

Matthew Stuart