RE: overhead epoxy application

David,

If you are stuck with a chemical adhesive type anchor then I would discuss it directly with the vendors (i.e. HILTI, Simpson, etc.).  My guess is that any true epoxy will creep over time with a constant load so you will likely need to use another type of chemical adhesive such as some type of polyurethane or hybrid mixes such as HILTI HY-150.  Most of the big vendor should be able to give you the long term overhead effects of their anchors.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"David Topete" <dtopete(--nospam--at)gfdseng.com>
08/28/2007 04:18 PM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
RE: overhead epoxy application

Can’t in this case.  We are infilling an opening in an existing concrete wall.  Just seeing what options there are for doweling, and shear transfer, from the overhead concrete panel into the new concrete infill below.

David A. Topete, SE

With all the heightened concerns with using epoxy in overhead situations I would go with one of the undercut type post installed anchors.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.

Fluor

  "David Topete" <dtopete(--nospam--at)gfdseng.com>
08/28/2007 03:55 PM

Please respond to seaint

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc

Subject
overhead epoxy application

What products are others specifying for
overhead installation?  And, no, my situation is nothing like the Boston C/AT…  TIA

David A. Topete, SE