RE: overhead epoxy application

But, should I really be concerned about long-term creep if, in my situation, the epoxy adhesive will be anchoring dowels into the existing overhead concrete, and will then be encased in new infill concrete below?

David A. Topete, SE

From: William.Sherman(--nospam--at)CH2M.com [mailto:William.Sherman(--nospam--at)CH2M.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:06 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: overhead epoxy application

Be cautious regarding the testing used to justify adhesive anchors for long-term sustained loads.  Many vendors refer to the AC58 acceptance criteria (available from ICC-ES); but it is not clear that AC58 addresses creep over a 50-year design life.  Ask questions about what tests have been performed and how they relate to extended duration creep.

Bill Sherman

CH2M HILL / DEN

720-286-2792