Re: Lag Bolts in Sht. Metal Straps

Larry-

Sheet metal at 24 gage is pretty thin (~.020"), IMO rather  mis-matched to a 3/8" or 1/2" lag.

I don't what your loading scenario  is...e/q?  static dead load?

Perhaps you take a look a some Simpson straps that use their 1/4" SDS screws.

The SImpson SDS screws install very easily & are quite good in 2x studs.

Using a Simpson catalog strap values  you'd  get a pretty  handle on the expected capacity;  plus the strap & the screw capacity would be pretty well matched.

cheers
Bob