From: Larry Hauer [mailto:lrhauer(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 1:32 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Lag Bolts in Sht. Metal Straps

I'm working on the anchorage of equipment to existing wood stud walls and
need to know what the minimum thickness of sheet metal strapping is for both
a 3/8" diam. and 1/2" diam. lag bolt acting in shear and what those shear
values are. I understand the values ares in some light gauge metal handbook
which I do not have. I would like the thickness to be the minimum possible,
(24 ga.?), and still get an allowable shear value of about 400#.

Thanks in advance.

Larry Hauer S.E.

Get a FREE small business Web site and more from Microsoft® Office Live!
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0930003811mrt/direct/01/