RE: WTC Studies-Structural Aspects

Questions: Did ASCE have a role in allowing the developer to skip the then
New York building codes?

-----Original Message-----
From: Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl [mailto:astaneh(--nospam--at)ce.berkeley.edu]
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 1:14 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: WTC Studies-Structural Aspects

Dear Friends: Yesterday, I presented the results of our 5-year studies
of structural aspects of the World Trade Center in Sibley Auditorium of
UC Berkeley. Articles in the Oakland Tribune, Contra Costa Times, and
San Jose Mercury News cover the main items of my presentation. The
articles are almost the same with minor changes.
Oakland Tribune  article is at:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/localnews/ci_6870312

I welcome any and all professional and non-personal comments. A. Astaneh-Asl