WTC Studies-Structural Aspects

Dear Paul,

On 9/13/07, Paul Feather <PFeather(--nospam--at)se-solutions.net> wrote:
> If I am not mistaken, even our nuclear containment facilities are only
> designed for the equivalent of an engine falling off a plane, not a
> direct kamikaze attack.

Our WWER-1000 containment building is designed to resist large airliner crash.
As far as I know, the American and Canadian designs also consider such
impact loads.
The issue is that the analysis deals with accidental collision rather
that a malevolent act, which can result in worse consequences.
If needed, I can provide the list with links to research works that
deal with containment impacted by an airliner.

--
Alexander Bausk
CAD manager, Structural engineer at