Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Minimum RC column dimension, rebars[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Minimum RC column dimension, rebars
- From: "Alex C. Nacionales" <anacionales(--nospam--at)insightts.net>
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 23:14:05 +0800
For earthquake resistant structures, RC columns are limited
to a minimum dimension of 12 in. or 305mm. , UBC 1997 1922.214.171.124 . and a minimum steel ratio of .01
For two story residential buildings with column spacing of
4.0 meters or less and height less than 7.5 meters , this results to columns with strengths in excess of what is needed to carry the required loads.
Is there any exception to this code provision that will allow an 8" or 10" RC column.?
If the factored axial load is less than 0.10Ag*Fc' will this permit me to use a 10" RC column.?
Where can I find the the code that limits stirrups and ties
to at least 3/8" ~(10mm) Dia.
Thanks in Advance.
Alex Nacionales, C.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: metal stud building design guide
- Next by Subject: Re: Minimum RC column dimension, rebars
- Previous by thread: RE: embedded plate
- Next by thread: Re: Minimum RC column dimension, rebars