Mac Arthur Maze Fire Collapse in "California Magazine"

Dear SEAINT Friends: If you are interested in our work studying the collapse and reconstruction of the MacArthur Maze , which collapsed on April 29th due to a tanker truck fire, there is an article in Sept/October 2007 issue of the "California Magazine" published by UC Berkeley. I welcome any and all of your professional comments and questions, regarding any aspect of our MacArthur Maze research project . You can post such professional items here, but, if you feel an urge to make a personal comment you will need to send them to me at Hassan(--nospam--at)Astaneh.net without posting publicly.

The article is at: http://alumni.berkeley.edu/california/200709/praxismaze.asp

The project was also featured in "Lehrer News Hour" of the Public Broadcasting System in a report by Spencer Michels of the PBS Science Unit aired on May 10, 2007. The URL for this text/audio/video report is: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/science/jan-june07/overpass_05-10.html

Best wishes and thank you for your time.
Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl, Ph.D., P.E. (www.ce.berkeley.edu/~astaneh)
Professor and Principal Investigator
Reconnaissance of and Collection of Perishable Data on
MacArthur Maze (Distribution Structure)
A Research Project funded by the National Science Foundation (www.nsf.gov)
at the multi-disciplinary research Center for Catastrophic Risk Management (http://iber.berkeley.edu/ccrm/)
University of California, Berkeley (2007-2008)