Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Swimming pool concrete fill

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

            Robert Garner said, “I think the term "flowable fill" is a new term and you might ask the

ready-mix plants for a lean concrete mix, or just a standard concrete mix with only 1 c.y. of cement in it.  Some people call this a 500 psi mix or a "diggable" mix.”

                        And tell the ready-mix supplier that flowable fill is an opportunity for them to use up any left-over aggregate they may have bought for a special project that is now wasting their yard space.

            Jim Getaz

            Winchester, Virginia