RE: 2001 NDS column stability coefficient Kf

Design of built-up columns is per sec. 15.3 of 2001 NDS.  The Kf factor is applied to the Cp factor.  See eqn 15.3-1.

David A. Topete, SE

From: Christopher Banbury [mailto:cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 8:35 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 2001 NDS column stability coefficient Kf

I am looking at the 2001 NDS. I no longer see the procedure for applying the column stability coefficient Kf to the column stability factor Cp for nailed built-up columns. The variable still appears in the definitions (section 1.6), however I am unable to locate the directions for its use that appeared in an earlier edition of the NDS.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net