From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:54 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Joist girder stabilizer plates in existing building

Andrew,
You are correct.  When there is wind uplift the entire bottom chord is in
compression requiring bracing in some fashion.  The truss diagonal elements
will be in compression or tension in a gravity load or with a wind uplift
load.  Since the web / truss diagonals will compression elements, they will
require bracing.

Regards,
Harold Sprague