From: Paul Feather [mailto:PFeather(--nospam--at)se-solutions.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 4:42 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Engineered lumber bolt bearing

Question:

Are LVL and PSL lumber considered perpendicular to grain for bolt bearing
values?  Seems like you would get a higher value for an engineered product in
an epoxy (?) matrix as opposed to natural wood grain.

Is there an increased capacity available?

Mr. Showalter, are you out there?

Paul Feather PE, SE

pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net

www.SE-Solutions.net