From: Paul Feather [mailto:PFeather(--nospam--at)se-solutions.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 17:42
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Engineered lumber bolt bearing
Question:
Are LVL and PSL lumber considered perpendicular to grain for bolt bearing v=
alues? Seems like you would get a higher value for an engineered product i=
n an epoxy (?) matrix as opposed to natural wood grain.
Is there an increased capacity available?
Mr. Showalter, are you out there?
Paul Feather PE, SE
pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net<mailto:pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net>
www.SE-Solutions.net<http://www.SE-Solutions.net>