Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Alabama Soils[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Alabama Soils
- From: "Jim Lutz" <Jim.Lutz(--nospam--at)bhcconsultants.com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:17:20 -0700
Title: Alabama Soils
If you are flying totally blind and need general info, try the web site of USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (formerly the Soil Conservation Service). There may be a field report for your area and contact information for the closest field office where you can get some idea of general conditions. http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/TECHNICAL/ This is no substitute for a site specific geotechnical investigation, and if you have expansive soils (entirely possible in Alabama) I would be leery of taking on this assignment without one.
720 3rd Avenue, Suite 1200
Seattle, WA 98104-1820
206 505 3400 Ext 126
206 505 3406 (Fax)
- Prev by Subject: Re: Alabama soils
- Next by Subject: Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and Fiber Glass-Cost Comparison
- Previous by thread: RE: Wood Framed Structures - Software Survey
- Next by thread: Engineered lumber bolt bearing