no. of anchor bolts

Due to some clearance problem we are inclined to provide two anchor bolts instead of four for our stair tower base plate. The load or the capacity is not an issue, two-bolt is adequate. My only concerned was back in 1999 when I did a retrofit project they told me that 2-anchor bolts is no longer acceptable (i.e. for construction safety…)

I’d like to know what part or chapter this be that deprive me to do so.

Thanks

Engr. Julius Micayas

P.E. license no.32969

Senior Lead Structural Engineer