RE: no. of anchor bolts

2 bolts does not conform to 29CFR1926.755. You could assemble the stair tower and lift it into place as an alternate to save 8 inexpensive anchor bolts to rent an expensive crane.

Bill

From: Micayas, Julius [mailto:jmicayas(--nospam--at)riverconsulting.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:51 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: no. of anchor bolts

Due to some clearance problem we are inclined to provide two anchor bolts instead of four for our stair tower base plate. The load or the capacity is not an issue, two-bolt is adequate. My only concerned was back in 1999 when I did a retrofit project they told me that 2-anchor bolts is no longer acceptable (i.e. for construction safety…)

I’d like to know what part or chapter this be that deprive me to do so.

Thanks

Engr. Julius Micayas

P.E. license no.32969

Senior Lead Structural Engineer