From: joseph goldbronn [mailto:jgoldbronn(--nospam--at)crosbygroup.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:52 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Out of Plane Wall Anchorage

I am performing a seismic evaluation of a 2 story, concrete tilt-up building built under the 1991 UBC and I have a concern with the out of plane anchorage of the wall to the composite deck on the second floor.  The out of plane anchorage is made by an angle with an embedded stud in the wall which is spot welded to the deck.  In the past I have seen this made with a dowel from the wall into the concrete slab so I am wondering if this is an acceptable practice if all parts have adequate strength.

Thank-you,

Joseph Goldbronn