Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Question on point of fixity[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Question on point of fixity
- From: "Micayas, Julius" <jmicayas(--nospam--at)riverconsulting.com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:02:01 -0500
- Cc: "Kosloski, David" <dkosloski(--nospam--at)riverconsulting.com>, "Dave Kozeny" <DKozeny(--nospam--at)lawusa.com>
Fellow Structural Engineers:
In doing a STAAD MODEL for a concrete pile cap supported by a Piles (i.e. concrete or steel); Is there a rule of thumb or guidelines on where we can based the Point of fixity below the mud line for an offshore or onshore projects?
Currently, we used two variables (i.e. 10 x diameter and 8 x diameter) but like to get a second or third opinion.
Appreciate any comments and help.
Engr. Julius Micayas
P.E. license no.32969
Senior Structural Engineer
Phone - 504-841-3014 (direct)
504 837-5275 (office)
Fax - 504-837-2986
- Prev by Subject: PUBLIC APOLOGY FROM VISH
- Next by Subject: RE: Question on point of fixity
- Previous by thread: Re: OSHA requirement for remedial inspection after a failure
- Next by thread: RE: Question on point of fixity