Re: T1-11 Shear Values

In a message dated 9/27/2007 10:10:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time, dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com writes:
>     Thanks

If nailed through the shiplap joint, then use the values for 3/8"
sheathing.  If you use 3x or double studs, then you can use the full
panel thickness of 5/8".  I don't think you can use a single 2x and get
two rows of nails into it from both panels and still maintain the proper
edge distance.  I worked at one place where we called out double studs
when using T1-11, but after a few site visits discovered that few of the
contractors were doing this and the city inspectors hadn't caught this.
I then changed jobs and got out of residential work.
Thanks for you info
Tony