Blast Resistance of Bridges-Popular Mechanics Article

Dear SEAINT Friends: If you have interest in blast resistance of bridges, there is an article posted this week on the Popular Mechanics web site:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/transportation/4224710.html

It refers to some of our research work on this subject. More information on our project is posted on my web site at: www.ce.berkeley.edu/~astaneh then click on "Steel Bridges, Blast-Resistance" almost at the center of my homepage above "World Trade Center".

Best wishes as always.
Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl, Ph.D., P.E.,
Professor and Principal Investigator,
Blast Protection of Steel and Composite Bridges, Funded in part by the National Science Foundation at the Center for Catastrophic Risk Management (CCRM, http://iber.berkeley.edu/ccrm/ ) and the Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS, http://www.citris-uc.org/)
University of California, Berkeley.