Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Lifting Lugs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Lifting Lugs
- From: "Gary Loomis" <gloomis(--nospam--at)MasterEngineersinc.com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:54:07 -0400
I would consider them as lifting lugs and design in accordance with ANSI B30.30, Below the Hook Lifting Devices and Design and Construction of Lifting Beams by David T. Ricker, AISC 4th Quarter, 1991.
Gary W. Loomis, P.E., Senior Structural Engineering
Master Engineers and Designers, Inc.
ASME BTH-1, asme.org
Can any one suggest, whether lifting lug are to classified as structural elements or mechanical / equipment elements? Is there any code to specifying are requirements of the lufting lugs on equipments, flanges, etc.
Lakshmana RK Nukala
- Prev by Subject: RE: Lifting Lugs
- Next by Subject: Lime Silo Foundation
- Previous by thread: RE: Lifting Lugs
- Next by thread: PCACOL used in 2006 SEAOC Sesimic Design manual Vol 3