Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Building codes in Dubai, UAE[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Building codes in Dubai, UAE
- From: "Anantha Narayan C.K." <anant_27(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:19:07 -0700 (PDT)
I am doing some research on projects designed in Dubai. I have tried to find local building codes for UAE with no luck. I have seen ACI and British standards referenced in a few projects. Can anyone please shed some light on what building codes are used for design of buildings in the world's hottest market. Also are building permits as rigorous as they are in the US or is it just a
Here are some of my questions
* Is IBC or UBC used often?
* Are ACI and AISC used as references
* What are typical framing systems ( i see that PT is a used in the taller buildings, but is that a typical thing)
Thanks for all your input
For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit Yahoo! For Good this month.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Bridge collapse in Minnesota
- Next by Subject: Re: Building codes in Dubai, UAE
- Previous by thread: RE:Composite Steel Beam
- Next by thread: Re: Building codes in Dubai, UAE