Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: S1 and Ss by address[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: S1 and Ss by address
- From: "John Atilano" <jatilano(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:40:51 -0700
Title: RE: UBC 16126.96.36.199.1.7 Bracing Load
That site is no longer working. I created a website that linked over to the USGS website, but the link I was using has been removed and I can no longer access their site directly to convert the values. If you go to http://geocoder.us/ this site will convert any address to a lat/long, which then you have to go and open up the java application at http://earthquake.usgs.gov/research/hazmaps/design/index.php to obtain the Ss and S1 values. Both of these steps are exactly what I was doing, except that it was all doing it behind the scenes.
John Atilano, P.E.
From: Mark Deardorff
A few months ago someone posted a link to the website that provides this information. It had a nifty java app and would look up the values by address or Lat/Long. could someone post that for me?
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY NOTICE:
- Prev by Subject: Re: S1 and Ss by address
- Next by Subject: RE: S1 and Ss by address
- Previous by thread: RE: S1 and Ss by address (handy-dandy link)
- Next by thread: Radiused angle ledger