Re: Foundations for a 3-pinned arch stadium

Kevin,
I did a pre-eng bldg almost as big as yours several years ago. The contractor wanted tie rods to cut down the size of the footings, He said he would never do that again. We had two 2" diam tie rods that had to be embedded in a separate conc trench. As the distance was something like 160', we had to use turnbuckles to tighten the rods and welded some of the pieces together. He said the cost of more concrete would have been cheaper and faster.
Gary

Kevin Below wrote:

What about a tie-rod (it would need to be big) under the sports surface, tying the 2 sides together ?

Kevin

kbofoz