Re: concrete drop panels

Just to clarify, I put the soffit of the drop below the soffit of the slab by a measurement of atleast 25% of the slab thickness where the drop ends at its perimeter. (not 25% of slab + drop).  I use that as a minimum anyway.  My earlier message may have sounded as though it confused width and depth.  I usually use drop panels that are fairly deep and fairly wide to control deflections....(it's the old Welton Beckett method), which I think pt has made obsolete....sorry for the earlier confusion if any...

Bart Needham, SE
Principal, nbse associates, inc.
civil & structural engineers
Office 206-780-6822