RE: Live Load for residential home gym

Title: Live Load for residential home gym

CBC 2007 has “Gymnasiums, main floor and balconies” at 100 psf per Table 1607.1.  I would assume part of that accounts for the equipment and the other for the people using it.  My feeling is that 50 psf for a home gym would be adequate.

Doug Mayer, SE

Structural Engineer

TaylorTeter

Partnership