Mfr home foundations

Joe and Andrew:

I have done several of these.

What the HUD manual recommends includes steel straps and helical anchors similar to Dixie Anchors, driven into the dirt in orthogonal directions.  You will see it in their literature.

What I have done is do determine if any foundation work was done with the installation of the mfr. home.  By crawling under the home, it is obvious if there is  wind, seismic, etc. resistance.  Several I looked at have only the metal screw jack sitting on a wood plate on the dirt or asphalt.  No concrete, no straps, no masonry stem walls, or anything.

With Joy and Hope,

Bob Freeman, Architect, EIT

Integrated Design Services, Inc.

(949) 387-8500