Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Mfr home foundations[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Mfr home foundations
- From: "Bob Freeman" <robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:44:38 -0700
Joe and Andrew:
I have done several of these.
What the HUD manual recommends includes steel straps and helical anchors similar to Dixie Anchors, driven into the dirt in orthogonal directions. You will see it in their literature.
What I have done is do determine if any foundation work was done with the installation of the mfr. home. By crawling under the home, it is obvious if there is wind, seismic, etc. resistance. Several I looked at have only the metal screw jack sitting on a wood plate on the dirt or asphalt. No concrete, no straps, no masonry stem walls, or anything.
With Joy and Hope,
Bob Freeman, Architect, EIT
Integrated Design Services, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: Re: MFR home foundations
- Next by Subject: RE: MFR home foundations
- Previous by thread: Re: MFR home foundations
- Next by thread: RE: MFR home foundations