RE: Live Load for residential home gym

Title: Live Load for residential home gym

David, although 50 psf is sounds reasonable however, the magnitude of the point load is quiet big especially if you are talking

Bowflex, Weight rack, etc as your gym equipments. I suggest disregarding the descriptive word “home” and focusing the word “Gym” would eliminate the confusion. In my opinion a 150 psf plus a concentrated load of 1000 lb. would be ideal for this kind of application.

Thanks,

Engr. Julius Micayas

P.E. license no.32969

Senior Lead Structural Engineer

Phone - 504-841-3014 (direct)

504 837-5275 (office)

Fax - 504-837-2986

E-mail:            jmicayas(--nospam--at)riverconsulting.com