From: Jerry Coombs [mailto:JCoombs(--nospam--at)carollo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:42 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Live Load for residential home gym

!000# is a bit much.  For those that go to a gym, you'll note a heavy
machine will go up to about 250# and cover about 2'X2' at the support.

>>> On 10/11/2007 at 8:03 AM, "Micayas, Julius"
<jmicayas(--nospam--at)riverconsulting.com> wrote:

David, although 50 psf is sounds reasonable however, the magnitude of
the point load is quiet big especially if you are talking
Bowflex, Weight rack, etc as your gym equipments. I suggest disregarding
the descriptive word "home" and focusing the word "Gym" would eliminate
the confusion. In my opinion a 150 psf plus a concentrated load of 1000
lb. would be ideal for this kind of application.

Thanks,
Engr. Julius Micayas
P.E. license no.32969
Senior Lead Structural Engineer