Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
IBC Conventional Light Framed Construction[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: IBC Conventional Light Framed Construction
- From: "Andy Heigley" <aheigley(--nospam--at)jgaeng.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:44:17 -0400
If any of you are familiar with the Conventional Light Framed Construction section 2308 of the IBC 2006, I would like some help.
Braced wall lines are defined in section 2308.9.3 but there is no description, at least that I could find, of what total percentage of wall has to be braced. It refers you to figure 2308.9.3 and I understand minimum spacing, end distances they restrict you too, but in their figure they have Braced wall line L1 as the sum of A+B+C, but doesn’t A+B+C have to be a certain percentage of the total length L1?
It says in Table 2308.9.3(1) that for SDC C that the total length shall not be less than 25% of the building length, but what about SDC A and B?
Just wondering if anybody else has found this and could direct me to the answer.
Thanks in advance,
- Prev by Subject: Re: IBC Code Enforcement
- Next by Subject: RE: IBC Conventional Light Framed Construction
- Previous by thread: Tongue & Groove Deck Diaphragm Capacities using horizontal Steel Spikes
- Next by thread: RE: IBC Conventional Light Framed Construction