RE: IBC Conventional Light Framed Construction

See Section 2308.9.3 (2006 IBC), after bullet point #8, which requires:  “For Methods 2, 3 … , each panel must be at least 48 inches in length”.    Section 2308.9.3.1 and 2308.9.3.2 provide alternative methods which result in bracing panels that are less than 48” in length.

Tom

Thomas D. Skaggs, Ph.D., P.E.
Manager, Product Evaluation

Technical Services Division