RE: CAD: AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2008

---- Donald Bruckman <bruckmandesign(--nospam--at)verizon.net> wrote:
<snip>
>  The  architect can no longer hide bad scenarios from you...

And then I wake up and realize it was all a dream!
:o)

Just kidding.

Thanks for your input Donald. I'm considering Revit because I need/want a 3D structural tool. Unfortunately, most of my projects are with clients who are still using 2D CAD and most of them don't use it very well. Also, most of my projects are wood framed, so it might not have the customized libraries that would make my work efficient. However, my vendor who sells both ACA and Revit is strongly suggesting Revit. What's nice about Revit is that the elements are 3D solids, not something that's a phony 3D. I am also considering ACA with VisionREZ because it's more familiar to me than Revit. Afterall, it's still AutoCAD. The same vendor tells me he has installed a lot of ACA and ADT seats that have not been implemented due to its complexity. OTOH, most of the Revit seats he has installed have been implemented.

This is a very interesting thread to me because I am considering changing CAD programs for the first time in...can it really be 17 years? Where did they all go?

Sigh...

Regards,

Bill Allen