RE: 2006 IBC vs 2003 NEHRP

You have already received very good responses regarding this issue.  The examples are very good training.  One engineering school trains on the use of SAP by having the students redo selected example problems in SAP.

Developing seismic design and construction concepts into code is a journey (how is that for Zen?).  There are some issues that we discover as the NEHRP evolves into the ASCE 7.

The NEHRP design examples (FEMA 451) are a good training tool.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

> Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:07:22 -0700
> From: markajohn(--nospam--at)yahoo.com
> Subject: RE: 2006 IBC vs 2003 NEHRP
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
>
> Scott, Thomas,
>
> Thanks for the responses. I already have the IBC,
> although not the ASCE 7 yet. I now have the
> opportunity to spend a considerable amount of money
> for training. If the NEHRP, commentary, numerous
> design examples, etc. follow the IBC closely, that
> would be good to know, I could just use that instead.
> I know there are one or two (maybe more) people on
> this list server who were involved in writing these
> documents who it would be interesting to hear from on
> this.
>
> Regards,
> MJ

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!