Shear Connector Design in Precast Sandwich Panel.

The limitation of horizontal shear formula:

Here is a precast concrete sandwich panel;

 2? (exterior concrete wythe)+4? (insulation)+3?(interior wall concrete wythe).

I would like to know how I can calculate shear connector?s required strength

  to accomplish composite action in this sandwich panel.

I see many examples use VQ/I shear formula, but this formula assumes linear elastic continuous condition,

 which is not necessarily true for precast concrete sandwich panels.

Don?t you know more realistic method?

Thanks!

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?