Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Hand Lettering Font for Windows programs and for CAD programs that use True-Type fonts.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>, "Bill Allen" <t.w.allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>
- Subject: RE: Hand Lettering Font for Windows programs and for CAD programs that use True-Type fonts.
- From: "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 07:25:23 -0700
Fancy fonts are nice but will you have any problems if you need to share your drawings with others?
From: Dennis Wish
Last week I asked if anyone was using a hand-lettering style font in Autocad. I did not receive a link to one but I did find a site on the internet with over 18,000 fonts that you can download for free, or if you prefer, you can download all of their fonts in one file for about $18.00 through PayPal. I am posting the link below as these are true type fonts and the one I liked was called Architecture Bold which was nicer than the SHX shape file I found that was a simplex style. I think the true-type font was much nicer. There is a tremendous stock of fonts including symbols styles that could take you forever to get through.
One thing to note – the page links are located at the top of the page. I kept looking at the bottom thinking that when I got to the bottom of the first ten or twenty fonts I would find an arrow or number so that I could move to the next page.. After a while I figured it out and found at the top right of the list rather than the bottom so don’t waste your time. Each font comes in a zipped package with installation instructions
There is an Architectural Lite and Bold. The bold looks pretty good so I downloaded it and will try It out later. In case you are interested, the site is located at: http://www.fontstock.net and the particular font “Architect bold” is located at http://www.fontstock.net/fontsA/41/index.html . There is an Architect (simple) and an Architect bold (the one I liked) and an Architecture (this is over the top and copyright by Corel back in 1992. I like the Architect Bold and will give this one a try.
You might want to bookmark the stock page as the collection of fonts is very extensive.
- Prev by Subject: RE: gypsum suspended ceiling detail
- Next by Subject: Hand Lettering Font for Windows programs and for CAD programs that use True-Type fonts.
- Previous by thread: RE: Hand Lettering Font for Windows programs and for CAD programs that use True-Type fonts.
- Next by thread: Re: Hand Lettering Font for Windows programs and for CAD programs that use True-Type fonts.