RE: Hand Lettering Font for Windows programs and for CAD programs that use True-Type fonts.

I have found that the extensive use of TT fonts can bring AutoCad to its knees.

Moving and copying blocks of text and zoom/pan commands can be very slow unless you enable adaptive degradation or display text blocks as wireframes.

I also seem to remember that TT fonts can bloat plot times but I might be wrong on that one.

I use only AutoCad fonts for the most common drawing fonts and TT fonts for title blocks and labels.

The newer versions might be better. I haven’t tried to use TT fonts extensively since R14.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net