Re: Hand Lettering Font for Windows programs and for CAD programs that use True-Type fonts.

Christopher,

On 10/22/07, Christopher Banbury <cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net> wrote:

> I have found that the extensive use of TT fonts can bring AutoCad to its
> knees.
>
> Christopher Banbury, PE

That's right. AutoCAD uses Windows subroutines to render TTF fonts as
images; SHX font shapes are far faster.
We don't use TTF and usually purge from it all third-party drawings.

--
Alexander Bausk
CAD manager, Structural engineer at