Re: Conventional Light Framed Construction Vs. Engineered Building [Another View]

Chuck,

Great analogy!  I assume the house is the "tractor" and maybe our new Oakland cathedral (all soaring glulams and wires and glass) or the WTC towers are/were the "airplane."

I think that confirms my concern that there be a simpler way to design our tractors, uh houses, for wind than that used for the cathedral or 100 story towers.

Great discussion!

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA