RE: paid for release of CAD files to subs...

We are often asked to release our CAD floor plans to sub-contractors for
their shop drawing/layout use.

After giving these files away "gratis" for years, I fell that it is high
time we make these guys cough up
Some green as we are making their lives IMMENSELY easier.

Plus, they make a lot more on the project than we do.

Do you guys/gals charge for your files and if so, how much?

Thanks,

David L. Fisher SE PE

Senior Director

372 West Ontario Chicago 60610

319 A Street Boston 02210

David,

Our firm charges $50 per sheet for CAD files. You would be surprised by how many people decide against it when that price is mentioned. However, I still usually end up doing it for the rebar and structural steel detailer on most projects.

--

Adam Vakiener, P.E.
Structural Engineer