Re: paid for release of CAD files to subs...

And do you make any alterations to them before releasing them, besides removing your title block?
Gary

David Fisher wrote:

We are often asked to release our CAD floor plans to sub-contractors for their shop drawing/layout use.

After giving these files away “gratis” for years, I fell that it is high time we make these guys cough up

Some green as we are making their lives IMMENSELY easier.

*/ /*

*/Plus, they make a lot more on the project than we do./*

Do you guys/gals charge for your files and if so, how much?

Thanks,

David L. Fisher SE PE

Senior Director

372 West Ontario Chicago 60610