Re: slabs on grade...

Essentially, there isn't a min.
SOG isn't covered in ACI 318.  It's in 360 for design, and 302 is a construction guide.
PCA printed an Industrial SOG thickness des guide.
JDCoombs

From: 	"David Fisher" <dfisher(--nospam--at)fpse.com>
To:	<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: 	10/29/2007 10:48 AM
Subject: 	slabs on grade...

Does anyone know where the minimum slab on grade reinf. is specified?

What we typically specify (6x6/W1.4xW1.4) doesn't of course meet 0.0018 for
a 4" or 5" slab,

But, like a contractor would say, "That's how we've been doing it for years"

TIA,

David L. Fisher SE PE

Senior Director

372 West Ontario Chicago 60610