From: Mark L. Puccio [mailto:mpuccio(--nospam--at)mpsqrd.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:38 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: slabs on grade...

I have never read a minimum requirement but, I have been specifying
6x6xW2.9xW2.9 for the last couple of years because I was told you can walk
on this better during construction without it all ending up on the bottom.

If I might add to the line of questioning...

ACI 302.1R recommends that wwr should be discontinuous thru joints, it also
states partial discontinuance to maintain some load transfer capacity. I
have used a detail that calls for every-other wire to be cut at joints.
Never got a complaint but is this reasonable?  I am wondering what many of
you do for the joints in slabs with WWR especially if you have a PEMB FDN
with hairpins.

Mark