From: Mark Deardorff [mailto:mark(--nospam--at)rstavares.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:43 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: AISC Seismic Provisions

I was looking through the Seismic Design Manual and noticed that in the specification section 8.3, Column Strength, they require the required strength times factors to exceed 40% of the nominal axial strength of the column. Don't they really mean that it should be less than, not greater than? I couldn't find any errata where this is mentioned. And yes, I do have the revised version that replaced the original one that I bought.

Thanks,

Mark E. Deardorff, SE
R & S Tavares Associates, Inc
9815 Carroll Canyon Road