Re: DESIGN PROGRAMS FOR NEW CODE

Dear fellow structural engineers,

all heard that ENERCALC has been rewriting the "Structural Engineering
Library" for over three years. What was conceived as a small project
has turned into a rewrite of the entire system to prepare us for the
future, and the many intervening code changes.

Version 6.0 is now essentially complete and release is set to begin
shortly, with emails first going out to the portion of our user base who
will be receiving the new release automatically (about 4,200 of you!).

The new Structural Engineering Library 6.0 supports all the current "new"
codes;
2006 IBC, 2007 CBC, 2005 ACI, 2005 ASCE, 13th AISC, 2005 MSJC, and 2005 NDS.

The changes are considerable but usage is very similar. The current release,

Version 5.8, may still be used for support of older codes.

The new Version 6.0 was displayed to the attendees of the S.E. Buildings
Conference in San Francisco a few weeks ago and the response was
enthusiastic (some would say jaw dropping) and those observers gave
us more good ideas to complete before release.

I don't mean this message as advertising, but because of the size of our
user base I wanted to make it known that the new ENERCALC products
are essentially done and will be available for your work with the new codes
shortly and definitely before the end of the year.

We monitor this list only occasionally, so please send any questions and
comments directly to me at michaelbrooks(--nospam--at)enercalc.com.

We do not have any advertising literature available yet for Version 6.0 yet
but I have personally narrated six videos that show the system in action
(made about two months ago). You make request links for viewing if you
are currently a user.

Our new web site with all details will be available in late November

Very sincerely,

Michael D. Brooks, SE
President
ENERCALC, INC.