UBC Wind Uplift on Fabric Shade Cover

I have a client who is designing a fabric shade cover as part as an outdoor hospitality improvement. This will consist of fabric attached to steel cables spanning between two conventional structures. At first, I advised my client to provide enough sag in the cables so that the horizontal force due to centenary action is not significant, which he has agreed to do. I’m now considering wind uplift.

My question: Do I need to consider wind uplift on this structure using a Cq value of 0.7? I’m not really concerned about the shade device itself, but I am concerned about the loads it will place on the supporting structure.

Comments are most welcome.

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS